Your dental health is important, and our patients’ safety is our top priority. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and all CDC guidelines very closely.
As one of the premier providers of Invisalign® in Springfield, we can provide you with the most accurate information and the best guidance when choosing an orthodontic solution for yourself or members of your family.
Invisalign offers significant benefits for teens and adults thanks to its unique see-through design that causes these dental appliances to disappear almost completely when in use. By consulting with our experienced Invisalign dentists, you can enjoy the most beautiful results possible.
Explaining the Invisalign System
To understand what makes Invisalign so special, we must first look at how Invisalign differs from traditional metal braces.
- Metal braces use brackets that are chemically attached to teeth. Wires are then strung through these brackets and tightened gradually to move each tooth into the desired position. During the initial application and at every tightening appointment, most patients report pain and discomfort due not only to the force being applied to their teeth but also to the sharp edges on the wires and brackets.
- Invisalign, by contrast, uses smooth plastic trays that can be removed at any time. These clear plastic dental appliances cannot easily be seen by others and are far more comfortable than their metal counterparts. Additionally, the sleek see-through appearance of the Invisalign system is much more socially comfortable for many teens and adults.
In most cases, your Invisalign dentists will order and receive all trays needed at once. This can allow you greater flexibility in managing travel plans and scheduling appointments with your Invisalign professionals.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Your Invisalign cost will vary depending on the number of trays you require to complete your treatment. We will work with you to determine the right approach for your orthodontic needs. If Invisalign cost is of great concern to you, we can help with payment plans and insurance billing that can reduce your out-of-pocket outlay and allow you to enjoy the greatest financial flexibility when paying for your Invisalign treatment. For most of our patients, Invisalign cost is in line with metal braces and offers significant advantages over wired orthodontic solutions.
How Many Hours a Day Should I Wear Invisalign?
Our Invisalign dentists typically recommend wearing Invisalign trays for 20 to 22 hours each day. The average time required to complete Invisalign treatment is one year, but shorter or longer times are possible depending on the extent of realignment required for your teeth. In general, your results and the speed of your treatment will depend on how carefully you follow the instructions given by our experts in Invisalign in Springfield.
Working with Our Invisalign Experts
We go the extra mile to ensure that your Invisalign procedures go smoothly. We can schedule appointments at your convenience and can even allow you to take Invisalign trays with you on your vacations or extended periods of leave, allowing you to continue your orthodontic treatments when you cannot be seen in person. The flexibility and expertise of our dental staff can help you enjoy the most effective solutions for your needs.
Invisalign vs. Braces: Which Is Right for You?
Invisalign retainers and tray treatments are virtually invisible during everyday wear. This can be especially important for teens and for those who spend a good deal of time in the public eye. By opting for Invisalign vs. braces, these individuals can achieve a higher degree of confidence when dealing with friends, colleagues, and other individuals in social and professional environments.
Primary Benefits of the Invisalign System
Some of the most important advantages of Invisalign include the following:
- The trays are easily removed to allow you to enjoy even the crunchiest or stickiest menu items without worry about damaging delicate wires and brackets or getting food debris stuck in the hardware of your orthodontic appliances.
- Invisalign retainers are available to provide added support for patients who need just a small amount of correction or who want to provide added support for teeth after Invisalign procedures are complete.
- As its name suggests, Invisalign is nearly invisible and provides real straightening power to correct your orthodontic issues quickly and discreetly.
By opting for Invisalign, you can make an important investment in the health of your teeth and in your personal appearance. This can pay off in greater confidence and improved impressions on those you meet.
How Can I Find Out if Invisalign Is Right for Me?
Consulting with our professional dentists and orthodontic specialists can help you determine if this advanced system is the right choice for you. Most patients who are good candidates for traditional braces can also use Invisalign, so the chances are good that you will benefit from these modern dental appliances.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Invisalign Treatment?
While specific Invisalign insurance coverage is rare, most dental plans cover at least some of the expenses incurred during the diagnostic examination process. We will work with you to keep your costs low and to ensure the best possible results from your treatment plan.
What to Expect Afterwards
Once your Invisalign procedures are complete and you have gone through all the trays in your treatment plan, you will probably not notice much of a change in your everyday life apart from your newly straightened teeth and your improved smile. Be sure to keep your scheduled appointments with your Invisalign dentist to maintain your brand new look and engaging new smile.