COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Scientists and doctors have long recognized that the key to a long and healthy life is to maintain physical fitness and good nutrition. Regular physical activity, including strength training and aerobics, is the key to physical fitness. A well-balanced diet is the most important aspect of good nutrition. When both of these are modeled and practiced in the family, every member will be able to achieve their (fitness) goals.
Fitness for Kids
With all of the distractions available today, it can be difficult to get kids motivated to get moving. Fortunately, there are many fun activities for kids that will help build their physical fitness. Just adding a little bit of fun and structured play is a great way to get the youngest members of the family up and active. Spending time outdoors as a family is also encouraged. Most kids love to do things with their parents, and things like going on a walk or playing a quick game of basketball are great ways to bond with the kids and keep them healthy and strong.
- Childcare: Fun Indoor Exercises for Kids
- Healthy Challenge Scavenger Hunt
- Fitness and Activities for Kids
- Fitness and Your 6-to-12-Year-Old
- Fun Push-Ups
- Wall-to-Wall Game
- Kids on the Move
- Motivating Kids to Get Fit
Teens and Young Adults
Physical fitness for teens and young adults involves many of the same things that they did when they were young children. During this period of life, competitive sports can be an excellent way for young people to get the exercise they need. It is also important to stress the need for a well-balanced diet so that teens will avoid consuming too much sugar and empty calories during these important years of growth. Build healthy habits during the teen years and healthy patterns of living will be forged for a lifetime.
- How Teens Can Stay Fit
- Physical Activity Guidelines for Children and Young People
- Physical Activity for Older Children and Teenagers
- Exercise and Fitness
- Teen Basic Exercise and Activity Tracker
- Teens: Kinds of Exercise
- Tips for Helping Your Teen Get Active
- Young Adult Health: Exercise and Health
The pressures of family and work can make it incredibly difficult for adults to stay active and physically fit. But fitness is no less important for adults as they age than it is for younger people. Adults who engage in regular exercise help maintain good cardiovascular health, and proper exercise can also slow the effects of aging. Adults should never let the busyness of life keep them from investing in their overall health and well-being.
- Adult Nutrition
- Exercise and Fitness as You Age
- Exercise and Physical Activity as You Age
- Healthy Women: Adding Fun to Fitness
- Physical Activity and Adults
- Physical Activity for Adults
- Physical Activity Tips for Adults (18-64 years)
- The President’s Challenge: Adult Fitness Test
For the Whole Family
For families, the best way to stay motivated to keep fit is to work out together. It does not take a gym membership or expensive equipment to stay healthy when family members work together and make exercise a part of their everyday routine. Planning meals together can be a great way to ensure that each family member meets their nutrition goals, for in planning meals together, families can make sure that they prepare foods that everyone will actually eat. Look for simple ways to increase activity around the house and the fitness benefits will repay the effort for years to come.
- Five Simple, Fun Ideas for Family Fitness
- Ten Ways to Exercise as a Family
- 20 Tips for Getting Your Family on Track (PDF)
- Building Healthy Habits for the Whole Family
- Family Workouts That Strengthen Bodies and Bonds
- Get Outdoors and Stay Healthy
- Exercise for the Whole Family
- Top Family Foods
Additional Resources and Activities
It is no longer difficult to find resources to help families improve their fitness and health. There is a wealth of information on this important subject online these days, and just a little effort doing research will give families all they need to stay healthy. Just make sure that any health plan followed includes activity, nutrition, stretching, and other similar elements. That way, physical fitness will be an easily attainable goal for everyone.
- 10 Tips for Improving Family Time and Fitness
- The Exercise Habit
- Family Nutrition and Physical Activity Test
- Make Physical Activity a Part of Your Family’s Routine
- Make Physical Fitness a Family Affair
- Making Family Fitness Fun
- A New Tradition of Physical Activity
- The Truth About Family Meals
- Havorford Dentists
- Havorford Cosmetic Dentists
- General Dentist in Havorford