We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Do yellow teeth embarrass you when you smile? A safe, affordable teeth whitening treatment can change how you feel about smiling. You will also notice how bright, white teeth will make you look and feel younger.
Why Should I See a Dentist for Teeth Whitening?
You may have noticed over-the-counter whitening products in the drugstore. Whiter, brighter teeth may sound good, but it can take weeks to notice even a slight difference. If you have stains or dull teeth from staining foods and beverages or from smoking, a teeth whitening treatment at our dental office can give you a dramatically brighter smile in about 60 to 90 minutes.
Our dentist will ask about the staining on your teeth. He or she will check for intrinsic staining, which are stains deep inside your teeth, like those you would get from trauma to the tooth. Teeth whitening treatments won’t work on these stains. Your dentist can offer alternatives so you can still have the smile you want. If you have crowns or veneers, these won’t get whiter. You can still have a whitening treatment, though; your dentist can match your tooth color to the color of your crown.
If you’re considering a teeth whitening treatment, make an appointment today. Our dentist will go over your options with you so you can have the attractive smile you deserve.
How Does Teeth Whitening at Home Work?
A professional teeth whitening kit from a dentist will work faster than an over-the-counter product because the whitening agent is stronger. It’s also safe, since your teeth bleaching dentist will provide custom trays to protect your gums and give you even results. Additionally, when you see a dentist for a teeth whitening kit, your dentist will examine your teeth to ensure your tooth discoloration will respond to bleaching and it is not the result of a dental condition or intrinsic staining. If you would like to whiten your teeth in about two weeks with a professional take home teeth whitening kit, please call our office to schedule an appointment.
What Does It Cost to See a Teeth Bleaching Dentist?
If you come in for an exam, our dentist will estimate your total teeth bleaching cost after assessing your needs. Factors that affect the cost include the teeth whitening system your dentist selects, the number of restorations, such as crowns and veneers in your mouth, and the extent of discoloration, which affects the length of your treatment.
How Do DIY Teeth Whitening Products Compare to Professional Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening strips, gels and other products you can buy over the counter have a weak whitening solution. They offer some benefit, but you won’t see the same results you would if you came to our office for a teeth whitening treatment. Only dental professionals can use the concentrated power of a professional-grade bleaching agent to whiten teeth quickly. Our dentist supervises all whitening treatments so you’ll have a safe experience. Additionally, you won’t have to wait weeks to see results if you have a professional whitening treatment. Call us if you’re interested in a safe, professional teeth bleaching treatment that will give you same-day results.
What Does an In-Office Teeth Whitening Procedure Involve?
You can expect your in-office treatment to last between 60 to 90 minutes. This simple procedure will produce the fastest results:
- You’ll have your teeth cleaned first to remove the plaque and tartar and our dental hygienist will polish your teeth so they are smooth. This will help your teeth whiten evenly.
- You’ll also have an exam by our dentist to ensure that you don’t have any issues, such as gum disease or decay, which would need to be treated first.
- A member of our team will take a photo of your teeth as a benchmark or note your teeth color on a shade guide.
- Your dentist will put a cheek retractor in your mouth to hold your cheeks, lips and tongue away from the bleaching agent.
- Your dentist will apply a protective coating to your gums.
- We’ll apply a coating of bleaching gel to your teeth for a set period, usually 15 to 20 minutes, remove it and then reapply it. Depending on the whitening system, your dentist may shine a light on your teeth to activate the whitening agent.
- Your dentist will determine if your teeth have reached the desired shade or whether you’ll need a follow-up visit.
If your teeth are not as bright as you would like, call our office for an appointment for teeth whitening in Allentown. We look forward to seeing your brilliant new smile.