We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: January 31, 2016
Your Affordable Family Dentistry Guide to Dental Exams
Your affordable family dentistry clinic holds the keys to your lifelong oral health. A routine dental exam is a starting point for assessing your dental health, determining your risk of tooth decay and gum disease, and helping you to develop a good preventative maintenance plan. If you find dentists to be scary or intimidating, knowing exactly what happens during a typical exam may help. Here are a few details to help you understand what to expect.
Family Dental Facts: What to Expect During your Dental Exam
In addition to looking at your teeth and gums, your dentist will probably perform most or all of the following tasks:
- Ask about your health problems and make a list of your current medications
- Examine prosthetic devices such as dentures or bridges
- Examine your mouth for signs of oral cancer
- Make dental impressions of your teeth to aid in treatment
- Perform an advanced periodontal exam
- Discuss tooth replacement or advanced dental procedures if needed
- Develop a treatment plan for any existing dental problems
- Check your jaw for bite problems
- Clean your teeth and remove stains
- Demonstrate proper oral hygiene techniques
- Discuss diet and lifestyle habits that may be affecting your oral health
- Perform a variety of dental X-rays
- Refer you to a specialist for advanced treatment if required
- Recommend a follow-up visit
Affordable Family Dentistry can Save your Smile
With good hygiene and regular checkups at your family dental clinic, every generation of your family can enjoy confident, healthy smiles. To find dentists in your area, check online family dental listings, or contact your local dental health organizations or dental schools for more information.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Philadelphia, call Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania today at or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Philadelphia. With 8 affiliated practices in the Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania.