We are open - safety is our top priority!
The Dish on Dining with Dentures
Say hello to dentures and say goodbye to saying no to the foods you gave up when your teeth caused you trouble. But before you start snacking on sticky sweets or grill up some corn on the cob, you may want to pick up some simple tips to help you eat with ease.
When you first get your dentures, chewing will feel different and the flavors of foods may seem strange. You may be afraid that your dentures will slip when you’re eating. These feelings are normal, so all you need is some patience and practice and you’ll once again be eating everything.
These dental care hints will help you get comfortable with eating when you first start wearing your new dentures:
- Start with soft foods and as you get comfortable, begin to add crunchy, chewy, and crispy foods.
- Cut food into small pieces and take little bites as you adapt to your new teeth.
- Chew foods very slowly and try chewing foods on both sides of your mouth to even out the pressure on dentures.
- Taste hot foods and drinks carefully to avoid burning your mouth, since you may have trouble determining the temperature of foods at first.
- If you want to eat any firm or sticky foods, consider using a denture adhesive to feel more secure.
Be assured that eating will get easier once you’re used to your dentures. If dining is still difficult after a couple of weeks, talk to an affordable dentist in Philadelphia for advice on enjoying eating again.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Philadelphia, call Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania today at or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Philadelphia. With 7 affiliated practices in the Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania.