We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Keep Your Little Ones Smiling with the Top 5 Toothpastes for Kids
Keeping your kids’ dental care and cavity prevention in order is about more than just finding an affordable dentist and teaching them to brush and floss properly. The products you choose for your children are also important. Toothpastes developed specifically for kids often have more appealing flavors than the strong adult pastes that may burn their mouths. Fun flavors and colors encourage kids to brush longer.
Here’s a rundown on five quality toothpastes you, your kids, and your family dentistry staff will love:
- Weleda Mint Toothpaste for Children is gentle, natural, and soothing. Its organic ingredients are free from chemicals, so it’s not dangerous if accidentally swallowed.
- Colgate Children’s Two-in-One toothpaste is approved by the American Dental Association and has great watermelon and strawberry flavors kids love. It’s best suited for older children since it does contain preservatives.
- Sparkle Berry Blast Toothpaste made by Natural Dentist contains soothing ingredients like aloe vera and xylitol that remove bacteria and reduce acid’s effects on the teeth. It’s an ideal choice for kids with braces who experience irritation from other brands.
- Tom’s of Maine Anti-Cavity Orange-Mango kids’ toothpaste battles bacteria and acids without artificial preservatives, colors, or sweeteners. It even contains real fruit juice to enhance flavor.
- Organic Mild Fennel Children’s Toothpaste is a popular European brand from Denmark. It is 100 percent organic and made with essential oils. It costs more than other brands, but kids love it.
Brushing is Important, but Don’t Forget to Visit the Dentist
Brushing and flossing regularly may not always be enough. If your child experiences excessive tooth pain, swelling, or other symptoms, visit an affordable dentist in Philadelphia as soon as possible. With a little help from the dentist, you can resolve your child’s dental problems before they become serious.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Philadelphia, call Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania today at or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Philadelphia. With 8 affiliated practices in the Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania.