Your dental health is important, and our patients’ safety is our top priority. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and all CDC guidelines very closely.
Posted on: October 25, 2015
How to Revive, Repair, and Refresh Aging Teeth
If you’ve noticed your teeth changing as you age, you’re not alone. The years can have an effect on your smile and make you appear much older. Discover how to correct these concerns and keep your smile youthful.
The Years can Take their Toll on Aging Teeth
Many people are surprised to learn that their teeth start to age early on. Dental care experts warn that adults lose bone through the years, as well as see their teeth start to shift, and tend to have gums recede. All of these factors can make you look different and feel less confident about your appearance. In addition, years of wear and tear can actually wear away your tooth enamel or cause your aging teeth to move from their prior and proper positions.
Stress can Sabotage your Smile
You can’t avoid the stresses of life, but you don’t have to let them ruin your smile. Much of your stress will go straight to your jaw, which can make you clench, grate, and grind your teeth. Persistent tooth grinding is a condition called bruxism that can actually flatten, fracture, and break your teeth. It can also wear away your tooth enamel, increase tooth sensitivity, and be the cause of headaches and facial pain. If you start to see or feel the effects of bruxism, you should seek out immediate treatment from an affordable dentist to head off additional dental damage.
Safeguard your Teeth from the Consequences of Age
It’s never too late to start taking care of your teeth. Dental care experts offer these tips to improve the appearance of aging teeth:
- Maintain good oral hygiene at home by brushing for two minutes after each meal, and by making sure to floss and use a mouth rinse twice a day.
- Consider using an electric toothbrush to ensure that you’re brushing gently and thoroughly.
- If you tend to grind or clench your teeth while you sleep, get a night guard to protect your delicate tooth enamel.
- Have your fillings, crowns, and veneers checked periodically by an affordable dentist since they only last around seven years and may need to be replaced.
- To whiten and brighten your smile safely, ask your dentist to recommend the right tooth whitening procedures or products for you.
- Consider getting more frequent professional dental cleanings from an affordable dentist since plaque can develop at a greater rate as you age.
- Discuss any dental care concerns with your dentist in Philadelphia as soon as possible to ease your suffering and avoid any unforeseen dental damage.
- If you wear braces, be sure to wear a retainer once they’re removed to keep teeth in their new, proper position.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Philadelphia, call Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania today at or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Philadelphia. With 8 affiliated practices in the Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania.