We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
How to Help Sensitive Teeth
Problems with sensitive teeth and gums can affect your quality of life, but once you learn how to help sensitive teeth cope with the daily challenges of hot and cold foods and routine dental care, you can start to enjoy eating again. The sharp, radiating pain caused by tooth sensitivity has many potential causes including cavities, cracked, or chipped teeth or use of bleaching products. You may even experience sensitivity after a dental procedure. Here are answers to common questions about managing painful symptoms.
How to Relieve Symptoms of Sensitive Teeth and Gums
- Try over-the-counter desensitizing toothpastes. It may take several applications to obtain results, but these products can often help block the pain associated with tooth sensitivity.
- Use a fluoride mouthwash, or ask your dentist about professional fluoride treatments.
- Limit your intake of acidic foods such as carbonated beverages, citrus fruits, yogurt, and wine, and brush immediately after consuming them. When you can’t avoid acidic beverages, use a straw to reduce direct contact with tooth surfaces.
- Brush twice every day with a soft toothbrush. Don’t scrub too vigorously. Avoid brushing your teeth too hard or too often.
- If you tend to grind your teeth at night, ask your dentist about using a mouth guard.
Let Your Dentist in Philadelphia Help
If your symptoms are caused by a dental problem like tooth decay or a cracked tooth, you’ll need professional dental care. If home remedies fail, see your dentist as soon as possible. Common professional treatments include application of dental sealants to cover exposed roots of sensitive teeth and root canal treatments in cases where extensive damage is present.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Philadelphia, call Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania today at or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Philadelphia. With 8 affiliated practices in the Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania.