We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: April 12, 2015
How to Find a Pediatric Dentist Who Makes Kids Smile
Your child’s dental health is very important their in development and well-being. But just as vital as your child’s health is their happiness with their dentist and their entire dental experience. To find family dentists that keep your child healthy and happy, try these kid-tested tips.
The Poster Child of a Pediatric Dentist
Not all dentists smile on children, so you need to find a pediatric dentist because they have special skills. These dentists have training in treating children and are well versed on their dental needs. And pediatric dentists treat children from infancy through adolescence, so it’s important to find an affordable dentist and develop a healthy relationship.
Make a Preview Part of Your Game Plan
When you’re looking to find a pediatric dentist, start with a look around their practice. Visit various family dentists and take a tour of their offices. Try to take your child with you to see if they feel comfortable. While you’re at each office, look for each of these elements:
- The dentist has specialized training or a strong interest in treating children.
- Membership in the American Dental Association and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
- Child-friendly office setting with toys, books, and games.
- A convenient location and hours.
- Special emergency care.
- Acceptable fees, payment plans, and insurance options, which matter if you need an affordable dentist.
Play Off Your Perceptions
After touring and exploring the practices of various family dentists, you’ll need to decide on a dentist and make your child’s appointment. But consider your child’s first visit simply a test of the practice’s treatment and ask yourself and your child if their experience featured the following:
- Your child was seen promptly.
- The pediatric dentist and staff were caring, compassionate, and patient with your child.
- A gentle, yet complete, examination was given.
- The staff requested a full medical and dental history for your child.
- Your questions were treated with understanding, respect, and concern.
- You were provided with information about your child’s dental development, preventing dental disease, and at-home care.
- The experience was pleasant for both you and your child.
Dental visits should be positive experiences for both you and your child. Follow these tips to find a pediatric dentist and enjoy a healthy relationship.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Philadelphia, call Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania today at or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Philadelphia. With 8 affiliated practices in the Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania.