Your dental health is important, and our patients’ safety is our top priority.
We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation and all CDC guidelines very closely.
Posted on: December 1, 2013
Clearing Up the Falsehoods About False Teeth
There was a time when wearing dentures meant days of discomfort and limited food choices followed by nights of soaking them by the bedside. Not so anymore. Great strides have been made in the field of dental prosthetics, and today’s custom-made dentures are far more comfortable and require far fewer sacrifices that those of previous generations.
Proper-fitting, affordable quality dentures will make your smile more beautiful, in addition to improving your quality of life and confidence.
Here are five benefits of wearing affordable quality dentures:
- Decaying or rotten teeth are removed so that your mouth is returned to a healthier state.
- You’ll be able to eat the foods you enjoy with more ease.
- You’ll be able to speak more clearly, like you did with your natural teeth.
- You’ll be able to smile confidently and enjoy life to the fullest.
- Dentures help to keep facial muscles from sagging, which makes you look older.
The four main types of affordable quality dentures are:
- Complete dentures replace all of your own teeth. They can be upper or lower teeth or a complete set.
- Immediate dentures are put into place right after tooth extractions. They act as a temporary set while your bone and tissue stabilize.
- Overdentures are used when one or more of your natural teeth are left. The remaining teeth are used for support and provide greater stability for chewing.
- Partial dentures are used to correct the gaps in your teeth when only some of your natural teeth are missing.
To learn more about affordable quality dentures and the options available to you in Philadelphia, call Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania today at or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Philadelphia. With 8 affiliated practices in the Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Pennsylvania.